Alvin Municipal Court

216 West Sealy Street
Alvin, Texas 77511

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday-7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Closed: Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: You may pay the fine with cashiers check, credit card or money order. The Court offers Internet Payment Services for your convenience. The Court does not accept personal checks.

Q: May I make payment on the internet?

A: A youth offender will not be able to pay on-line but may view the outstanding charges and get case information. Adults may make payment using our On-Line services. Your payment will be received by the court the following business day. Your payment must be received by your appearance date to avoid additional fees and the issuance of an arrest warrant.

Q: May I mail in my payment?

A: A youth offender will not be able to pay by mail. Adults may mail in a money order or cashier’s check for payment of their fines. Money orders should be payable to the City of Alvin. Include a plea of No Contest or Guilty with a copy of your citation. A payment received through the mail with out a plea or other indicator will be recorded as a plea of No Contest. Your payment must be received by your appearance date noted on the citation to avoid the issuance of an arrest warrant.

Q: How can I find out how much I owe and the due date?

A: By selecting the link: Municipal Court Records On-Line Municipal Court Records On-Line, you can search your outstanding charges for the Alvin Municipal Court.

Q: Can I call the Alvin Municipal Court and find out how many warrants I have outstanding against me in the State of Texas?

A: The Municipal Court can only talk to you about the cases filed against you in the Alvin Municipal Court. To find out about other charges, you must contact the court jurisdiction in each specific case.

Q: If I pay my citation before the court date, do I still need to come to court?

A: If you made disposition of your case(s) prior to your required appearance date, you will not need to appear on your court date. It is, however, your responsibility to confirm that you have properly disposed of your case.

Q: Do I have to get a lawyer to go to court?

A: You can represent yourself or retain a lawyer to represent you. Municipal Court will not appoint you a lawyer, but you may retain one yourself. No one other than a lawyer can represent you. This applies to parents of juveniles. If you are not a lawyer you cannot represent your child in a trial.


City of Alvin Texas Logo

Alvin City Hall
216 West Sealy
Alvin, Texas 77511

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday - 7:00 AM to

6:00 PM
Closed: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Follow us on:  Facebook Icon  Twitter Icon

Copyright © City of Alvin, Texas  2016. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM